Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Personal Branding

Companies use brands to market their products because good brands can make products look visible and memorable and stimulate consumptions. However, have you ever thought to be your own boss by   using brands to market yourself? Personal branding will give you a competitive advantage over the numerous masses that are looking for jobs.

A personal brand, in a nutshell, is the way you present yourself to the world. So the most vital step to successfully branding yourself is to establish a personal identity. Who are you? What do you do? What is your focus on your future career? Once it is defined, you can Control what others feel about you and who are the key audiences interacting with you. Then you should make full use of the media channel, like twitter or blogs to develop you reputation. Writing articles, sharing professional information and knowledge, or submitting comments on others’ social platforms in your field is effective. This lets targeted audiences see your name frequently and become aware of the benefit and knowledge that you offer. It will absolutely enhance your influence and popularity, making you a pro in your industry; an expert in your field. Using professional networks that built around one’s employment capabilities, like creating a LinkedIn profile, will also promote your opportunities to be known to the public.  
 As for me, I only use blogs on Google Plus to position myself as a social media enthusiast. I post new articles related to how social media technology evolves and how it affects our lives each week. Moreover, I never post words about my personal life because I want my personal brand to look more professional. It takes time to build personal branding as a social media practitioner, nonetheless.


1 comment:

  1. I think there are more useful platforms you can use to leverage your brand and get more exposure. LinkedIn for example is one such platform that is a must in the online employment era we live in. I signed up my LinkedIn two years ago and it definitely has helped me get more exposure and authenticity.

    ReplyDelete